Liigu sisu juurde
Liigu peamenüü juurde
Liigu vaegnägijate bloki juurde
Unemployment insurance benefit
You have the right to receive unemployment insurance benefits if:
- you are registered as unemployed;
- your unemployment insurance period is at least 12 months during the 36 months before registration as unemployed;
- you are involuntarily unemployed.
You do not have the right to receive an unemployment insurance benefit if your last employment or service relationship was terminated:
- at the initiative of the employee or the official (except cancellation of employment contract by employee due to a fundamental breach of the employer's obligation or when an employer fails to provide an employee with work);
- through the employee’s or the official’s fault;
- by agreement of the parties.
Unemployment insurance period
Unemployment insurance period is a period for which an insured person receives salary for working on the basis of a contract of employment or for engagement in public service, if an unemployment insurance premium is required to be withheld from such payments.
Application and grant of unemployment insurance benefit
In order to apply for an unemployment insurance benefit, you have to submit an application to Töötukassa at the local department or using electronic service.
Payment of unemployment insurance benefit
You have the right to receive an unemployment insurance benefit during the whole period when you are registered as unemployed, but not longer than:
Amount of unemployment insurance benefit
The amount of your unemployment insurance benefit for one calendar day shall be calculated on the basis of your average salary for one calendar day.
Termination of payment of unemployment insurance benefit
The payment of an unemployment insurance benefit shall be terminated when your insurance benefit period is over or when you no longer fulfil the requirements for receiving benefit:
Grant of previously unused days of unemployment insurance benefit
If the payment of unemployment insurance benefit granted to you is terminated before the end of the period of payment, you have the right to receive unemployment insurance benefit (previously unused days), if: