Liigu sisu juurde Liigu peamenüü juurde Liigu vaegnägijate bloki juurde

Applying for the allowance


Lisatud 21.03.2017 | Uuendatud 02.04.2018

In order to obtain the allowance you must take the following steps:

  1. If you are working, visit the career councellor in the Unemployment Insurance Fund. We have counsellors in each county and you can book a session via the self-service portal (logging in with your ID card Mobile ID) or by contacting a career counsellor at your nearest Unemployment Insurance Fund office. The contact details of our counsellors can be found here: contact details of career counsellors. If you have registered as unemployed, you can obtain information from your job mediation consultant or case manager.
  2. The career counsellor will ask questions about your previous education and work experience and together you will discuss what kind of skills or knowledge you need to find a new job or continue working. The career counsellor helps you to assess whether training is suitable for acquiring these skills.
  3. The counsellor checks whether the Unemployment Insurance Fund supports the study programme you have chosen. If you belong to training programme's target group, the Unemployment Insurance Fund will agree on the training plan with you (a so-called individual action plan for an employed person). If you are registered as unemployed, the need for degree studies will be recorded in your individual action plan.
  4. You will then have to apply to a vocational educational or higher education institution (professional higher education or Bachelor's studies) and secure a state-commissioned study place. 
  5. You can submit your application for the degree study allowance to the Unemployment Insurance Fund at the time of counseling or as soon as possible before you begin your studies. Certainly, the application must be submitted before the date your matriculation it means before the date that marks your formal admission to educational institution. You can find the application form on the portal and submit it via the Unemployment Insurance Fund self-service portal (e-töötukassa) by e-mail or by post or at one of our offices
  6. The Unemployment Insurance Fund will consult the Estonian Education Information System (EHIS) to see whether you have commenced your studies. If the data on your studies are registered there, you will receive a monthly degree study allowance.
  7. If you areregistered as unemployed and you have not worked for at least 180 days in the last year, your status as unemployed will be terminated due to you commencing degree studies.



Bännerile klikates jõuate Tripodi kutsetesti tegemise lehele Clicking on the banner will redirect you to Work and Study website Bännerile klõpsates jõuate Minukarjäär veebilehele Bänner viib veebivormile, kus saate esitada küsimuse töötukassa karjäärinõustajale Temporary job offers. Temporary job is waiting for you! Clicking on the banner will redirect you to the temporary job site.


Töötukassa offices


Skype: tootukassa

Calling from abroad, please use the number +372 669 6513
(E-N 8.30-16.45; R 8.30-15.30, last Friday of the month 8.30-12.30)