Support for obtaining qualifications enables an employed person to have costs related to obtaining evidence of formal qualifications compensated. The costs are compensated after 1 May 2017 if you have passed the examination in the three-year period prior to the exam and:
- you are currently working on the basis of an employment contract or a contract under the law of obligations or you are in public service;
- you have completed respective labour market training arranged by the Unemployment Insurance Fund or
- you have completed the training, for which your employer has obtained a training grant from the Unemployment Insurance Fund..
We will compensate costs related to obtaining a qualification to the value of up to 500 euros over three years.
Costs related to obtaining a qualification will be compensated on the basis of an application, expense receipts and evidence of passing the exam. You can submit the documents starting from 1 May 2017 via the Unemployment Insurance Fund self-service portal, by e-mail or mail or at one of our offices.
- A 52-year-old employee undertakes harvester operator training via the Unemployment Insurance Fund and passes the professional examination on 20 May 2017. The Unemployment Insurance Fund will compensate the employee's professional examination fee, which is 350 euros for a Level 4 professional examination. Since the person has not applied for compensation of the costs related to obtaining a qualification as a working person before, he/she can obtain additional support of up to 150 euros over three years if necessary.
- An unemployed person has participated in welding training. The training ended on 20 May 2016 and the person started working immediately. He passed his Level 1 professional examination in welding on 10 July 2016. Since the examination took place before the implementation of the new employment programme on 1 May 2017, the Unemployment Insurance Fund will not compensate the examination costs.
- An unemployed person has participated in lorry driver training. The training ended on 5 October 2015. He went on to take Category C practical driving and theory tests, but failed. On 5 May 2017 he retake the examinations and passed. Since he started work and passed the examinations within three years of the training, the Unemployment Insurance Fund will compensate the examination costs.