You can apply for a training grant upon changing circumstances if your employees’ skills need improving due to restructuring of the company, implementation of new technology or an update to qualification requirements. The training must constitute at least 80 academic hours and it can last for a maximum period of one year. A signed application for the grant must be submitted before the beginning of training.We support training programmes that assist the employee in adapting to change. (The list of professional fields is not limited.) An evaluation committee will assess whether the training is justified.
Generally, the Unemployment Insurance Fund supports the training of employees in situations where qualification requirements have changed due to external circumstances, e.g. the qualifications have been changed by laws or regulations or the occupational standard has been updated. The training grant is meant for employees who could lose their jobs due to the restructuring of the company or updates to qualification requirements.
In order to obtain the grant, the company is required to have paid the employer’s unemployment insurance premium for at least two years during the three-year period prior to submitting the application. The employment contract of the employee (who is subject to the training which the grant is being applied for) must remain valid for at least six months after submitting the application.
When applying for a training grant upon changing circumstances, it is important to give a clear and detailed description of the changes happening in the company and why they create a need for training.
If approved, the training grant is paid on the basis of an expense report, which must be presented with copies of the relevant cost statements and the certificate or notice issued to the employee upon the completion of the training.
- A production enterprise introduces a new production line and needs to retrain its employees.
- A production company introduces new 3D construction and automation software and the employees need training in order to work with it.
- A production company introduces TIG welding technology and the welders need training to perform high-quality work in that specific field.
- Client workers for people with mental health problems and care workers need training due to requirements set out in the Social Welfare Act.
- A hospital introduces digital patient care records and the employees need IT skills training.