Liigu sisu juurde Liigu peamenüü juurde Liigu vaegnägijate bloki juurde

European Union and unemployment insurance


Lisatud 27.10.2013 | Uuendatud 27.10.2013

If you live in one member country and work in another, but you return to the country of residence less frequently than once a week (i.e. you do not qualify as a cross-border worker) you have got two options when you are made unemployed:

  • you apply for the benefit in the country where you last worked or
  • you return to the country of residence, start looking for a job and apply for the benefit there.

When a cross-border worker has been made unemployed she/he has to go to the employment services in the country of residence to apply for the benefit there. In that case she/he has to fully comply with organised checking procedures of the country of residence. As an additional step she/he may register as unemployed with the employment services of the last country of employment.

Information about social security and unemployment insurance benefit schemes is available in the MISSOC database and the tables.

How the unemployment insurance period is calculated when the decision for grant of the unemployment insurance benefit is made?

When making the decision for grant of the unemployment insurance benefit all completed unemployment insurance periods in other member countries shall be taken into consideration. The unemployment insurance periods completed in different countries shall be aggregated.


Bännerile klikates jõuate Tripodi kutsetesti tegemise lehele Bännerile klõpsates jõuate tööta ja õpi veebilehele Bännerile klõpsates jõuate Minukarjäär veebilehele Bänner viib veebivormile, kus saate esitada küsimuse töötukassa karjäärinõustajale Bännerile klikates jõuate töö veebilehele


Töötukassa offices


Skype: tootukassa

Calling from abroad, please use the number +372 669 6513
(E-N 8.30-16.45; R 8.30-15.30, last Friday of the month 8.30-12.30)