Liigu sisu juurde Liigu peamenüü juurde Liigu vaegnägijate bloki juurde

Job seeking in the last country of employment and the country of residence


Lisatud 01.11.2013

The relevant provisions of the new regulation and the implementing regulation provide a new possibility for those who work in one member country and live permanently in another member country.

Namely, in case of cross-border employees it is possible that a person is looking for work in both countries, i.e. he/she has the right to register himself/herself as unemployed and look for work both in the last country of employment, as well as the country of residence (it is possible to register oneself as a jobseeker in two EU member states at a time).

For example, when your last job was in Finland but you wanted to apply for the benefit and start looking for work in the country of residence (Estonia), you are additionally entitled to register yourself as unemployed in Finland. In such case you have to comply with organised checking procedures in both countries (visit the employment service when requested, verify job seeking, accept suitable work etc.). However, when checking procedures have not been implemented in the last country of employment it does not automatically terminate payment of the unemployment insurance benefit in the country of residence. In terms of implementation of checking procedures, the checking procedures of the country of residence (the country granting the benefit) are always the priority. 


Bänner viib meie töötukassa lehele, kus saate tutvuda Töötukassa tööpakkumistega Bännerile klikates jõuate Tripodi kutsetesti tegemise lehele Clicking on the banner will redirect you to Work and Study website Bännerile klõpsates jõuate Minukarjäär veebilehele Click on the banner and ask a career specialist.  


Töötukassa offices

E-post: info [ä] tootukassa [dot] ee

Skype: tootukassa

Calling from abroad, please use the number +372 669 6513
(E-N 8.30-16.45; R 8.30-15.30, last Friday of the month 8.30-12.30)