Liigu sisu juurde Liigu peamenüü juurde Liigu vaegnägijate bloki juurde

Outside of Europe


Lisatud 06.11.2013

In countries outside of those for which special provisions apply,access to the labour market depends completely on national legislation.

For a non-EU citizen to work in Estonia, for example, a special residence permit is required and only granted when no suitable candidates can be found in the country itself. Other countries apply similar restrictions. Be sure to understand the rules that are relevant to you, and to be convinced that they are followed correctly.

Except for some countries with which Estonia has made special agreements, no Estonian benefits can be exported outside of the European Economic Area.

Working in a country outside of the European Union may also negatively affect your rights to social security benefits. For example, work periods may not be counted when your pension is calculated.

If your new employer has experience with international employment, these problems are known and often compensated for (for example through private insurance). If you have doubts on what it would mean to work in the country you intend to, please be thorough. Make sure you have an answer to the most important questions before you decide to leave.


Bännerile klikates jõuate Tripodi kutsetesti tegemise lehele Clicking on the banner will redirect you to Work and Study website Bännerile klõpsates jõuate Minukarjäär veebilehele Click on the banner and ask a career specialist. Temporary job offers. Temporary job is waiting for you! Clicking on the banner will redirect you to the temporary job site.


Töötukassa offices

E-post: info [ä] tootukassa [dot] ee

Skype: tootukassa

Calling from abroad, please use the number +372 669 6513
(E-N 8.30-16.45; R 8.30-15.30, last Friday of the month 8.30-12.30)