In order to apply for a redundancy benefit, the employer shall submit an application to the Unemployment Insurance Fund within five calendar days from the termination of the employment relationship. The employer has the right to apply for restitutio in integrum if the application has not been submitted in due time. If the employer has not submitted an application for application of insurance benefit upon redundancy, the employee can submit this application to the Unemployment Insurance Fund instead.
You can find a draft form of the application here.
The following information shall be included in the application:
1) the employer's name, personal identification code or registry code, address or e-mail address;
2) the employee's name, personal identification code, address or e-mail address, bank account number;
3) the date of commencement of the employee’s employment relationship.
If the employer's representative indicated on the application is not included in the B-card at the commercial register, it is also necessary to add authorization to the application.
If necessary, the Unemployment Insurance Fund may request that documents are submitted to certify the data included in the application.
You can apply for compensation in any of the following ways:
- by submitting an application to the e-töötukassa (e-portal of the Unemployment Insurance Fund) if you are an employer;
- by filling out the application, signing it digitally and sending it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- by filling out the application, printing it out and taking it to the nearest office of the Unemployment Insurance Fund or by mailing it to: Lasnamäe 2, Tallinn 11412, Eesti Töötukassa.