Liigu sisu juurde Liigu peamenüü juurde Liigu vaegnägijate bloki juurde

European Union and unemployment insurance


Lisatud 01.03.2021 | Uuendatud 06.05.2021

If you are a permanent resident of one Member State of the European Union and work in another Member State, and you visit your country of residence less than once per week (i.e., you are not classified as a frontier worker), you have two options if you become unemployed:

  • you apply for unemployment benefit from the country you most recently worked in, or
  • you turn back to your country of residence, begin job searching there, and apply for unemployment benefit there.

When becoming unemployed, a frontier worker must turn to the employment office of their country of residence and apply for benefits there; in this case, they are fully subject to the control measures established in the country of residence. As a further step, you may also register as unemployed at the employment office of your most recent country of employment.

In relation to the United Kingdom leaving the European Union on 31 January 2020, the European Union social security coordination principles will not be applied to applicants of Estonian unemployment insurance benefits who will start working in the United Kingdom for the first time after 31 December 2020, and who have never worked in the United Kingdom before.

Piiriülene töötaja


Bänner viib meie töötukassa lehele, kus saate tutvuda Töötukassa tööpakkumistega Bännerile klikates jõuate Tripodi kutsetesti tegemise lehele Clicking on the banner will redirect you to Work and Study website Bännerile klõpsates jõuate Minukarjäär veebilehele Click on the banner and ask a career specialist.  


Töötukassa offices

E-post: info [ä] tootukassa [dot] ee

Skype: tootukassa

Calling from abroad, please use the number +372 669 6513
(E-N 8.30-16.45; R 8.30-15.30, last Friday of the month 8.30-12.30)