Liigu sisu juurde Liigu peamenüü juurde Liigu vaegnägijate bloki juurde


Unemployment insurance period while looking for work in a foreign country


Lisatud 01.11.2013

While looking for work in another member country you can retain your right to the unemployment insurance benefit for 3 months, as a rule, but not longer than you would have been entitled to the benefit while looking for work in Estonia. 

For example, before leaving Estonia you had been granted the unemployment insurance benefit for 180 days and the benefit has been paid for 150 days already, thus, you are entitled to receive the benefit for another 30 days when looking for work in another country. 

In exceptional cases it is possible to apply for the continuation of the benefit for up to 6 months (does not apply in case of the E303 certificate as according to the EU Council Regulation (EEC) 1408/71 the benefit can be applied for the maximum of three months. In order not to loose the entitlement to the benefit, the application has to be submitted before the termination of the three months’ period. If the application for the continuation of the benefit is declined you can return to your country timely. The Unemployment Insurance Fund is not obliged to prolong the period, the decision of the Unemployment Insurance Fund is based on your justification provided in the application.


Bänner viib meie töötukassa lehele, kus saate tutvuda Töötukassa tööpakkumistega Bännerile klikates jõuate Tripodi kutsetesti tegemise lehele Clicking on the banner will redirect you to Work and Study website Bännerile klõpsates jõuate Minukarjäär veebilehele Click on the banner and ask a career specialist.  


Töötukassa offices

E-post: info [ä] tootukassa [dot] ee

Skype: tootukassa

Calling from abroad, please use the number +372 669 6513
(E-N 8.30-16.45; R 8.30-15.30, last Friday of the month 8.30-12.30)