Liigu sisu juurde Liigu peamenüü juurde Liigu vaegnägijate bloki juurde


Looking for a job and working in Estonia


Добавлено 01.11.2013 | Обновлено 06.11.2013

If you hold a passport of another EU Member State, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland, you have full access to the Estonian labour market. This means you can freely come to Estonia to search for employment, make use of the Estonian job mediation services provided by Töötukassa, and settle here to work. No residence permit or work permit is required.

You are however encouraged to register yourself with the Police and Border Guard Board. By registering there you will receive an Estonian identity card and an identifying number which you will need to make use of all available services.

Once in Estonia, you need to register with Töötukassa to make use of our job mediation services.

If you are currently receiving an unemployment benefit from one of these countries, it is possible for you to continue to receive these benefits while you are looking for a job in Estonia. The authorities of the country you receive the benefits from will have to give you permission to search abroad, and will issue you a form U2. With this form, you can arrange for Töötukassa to continue to pay your benefits in Estonia. You must present this form to us as soon as possible in order to make sure you do not lose benefits. You can do so in any of our local offices.

Please note that the benefits will be paid to you by the country where you received an unemployment benefit earlier.

Töötukassa becomes competent to assess whether you comply with all the conditions that are posed to unemployed persons, according to the Estonian rules. This means that you must actively look for a job, follow the Individual Action Plan that will be presented to you, and acceptsuitable employment when it is offered to you.

If you do not hold a passport of one of the countries mentioned above, you have to apply for a residence permit to stay in the country for a longer period of time, and a special residence permit for employment if you wish to work here. These permits are issued by the Police and Border Guard Board. In general, permits for employment are only granted if it is clear that nobody from inside Estonia is available to fill the particular position.

Anyone who legally resides in Estonia and who is registered as unemployed, can receive job mediation services.

Bännerile klikates jõuate venekeelsele kutsetestide tegemise lehele  bänner viib e-karjäärinõustamise veebivormile Временные рабочие места. Работа ждет Вас! Bänner viib Rajaleidja portaali venekeelsele lehele, kust leiab karjäärinõu nii noor kui täiskasvanu.


Бюро кассы по безработице

Э-почта :

На электронные адреса кассы по безработице максимально можно отправлять электронные письма объёмом 10 МВ.

Skype: tootukassa

Инфотелефон: 15501; 669 6513

(Пн-Чт 8.30-16.45; Пт 8.30-15.30, последняя пятница месяца 8:30-12:30)